Promoting equity and education for women and girls
Are YOU interested in becoming a member?
It’s a 3 for one: at the national, state and local level, we work
- to empower women and girls.
- to provide leadership skills to women and girls
- to fund research that matters in the lives of women and girls. Recent examples:
- To encourage girls and women to embrace STEM fields
- To fund approximately $4 million in fellowships each year to women and to fund our own local Schwenning Scholarship
- To provide grants for community projects that open doors and develop leadership skills for women and girls
- AAUW of NC continues to work in coalitions including NC Women United, ERA-NC among other organizations and lobby our legislators on issues that affect women, girls and families.
- To provide negotiating skills to women to close the salary gap